Thursday, August 20, 2009

I ♥ SWA!!!!

One thing that I love about working for Southwest is that we get to do lots of things at work that some other companies don't get to do. Southwest is very involved in the community and encourages our teams to do service projects. Our manager, Jenn, suggested that our team come up with one.

Anne and I were the organizers and we made fleece tie blankets for Children's Hospital. While they were very time consuming to prepare (especially Anne's part!), it was so much fun and they turned out great! My team all generously donated money for the fabric and we made 18 blankets for the kids. Laney received several blankets during her stay at Children's so it was so exciting for me to be able to give back to them. I love that we're far enough past all of the really hard stuff that now I was able to help other kids in her honor. Thank you to my sweet team for making it possible!

A few weeks later our entire director group did another project for Children's. One of our managers, Larry, decided to plan a service project during our activity time. We made 2,000 "Busy Books for Kids"...which are coloring packets with crayons for the kids in the waiting rooms! Isn't that great!!!! I almost cried thinking about all of the effort that went into planning and watching everyone work so hard. These little extras make such a big difference. There are multiple things like this that really stick out to me when I remember our stay. I love that good things are coming out of Laney's situation. I even got to share a little bit about Laney at the beginning of the project. Great idea, Larry!

No comments: